- This event has passed.
May 13 - May 14
An event every 5 days that begins at 12:00am, repeating until May 13, 2017
Celebrate Spring With Us! It’s May, spring is here…and not a moment too soon! The sun is out, the wildflowers are bursting, the apple and pear blossoms are springing to life, and the Bavarian Village is ready to celebrate with our annual Bavarian Maifest weekend May 12-14, 2017.
Maifest is a German tradition dating back to the 10th century, when villagers would gather to celebrate the arrival of spring by planting flowers, playing music and games, and raising a “maipole” in the local square. The pole would be decorated with sausages, cakes, flowers, and ribbons, and villagers believed that dancing around it would bring good luck and wealth to the village. We invite you to our very Bavarian Maifest, celebrate Mom and Spring in Leavenworth!
Our weekend is packed with Bavarian fun, we can’t wait to see you!
Friday, May 12th
- 11am-11:30am- Illahee High School (Gazebo)
- 12pm-2:30pm- Auburn High School (Gazebo)
- 4:30pm-5:30pm- Max Kyllonen (Gazebo)
- 5pm-7pm- Bavarian Hat & Ribbon Crown Crafts (Front Street Park)
- 5:30pm- 5:45pm- Edelweiss Dance Academie (Gazebo)
- 5:45pm-8pm- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
Saturday May 13th
- 9am-2pm- Garden Club Annual Plant Sale (Visitor Center Parking Lot)
- 10am-11am- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
- 11am-11:15am- Edelweiss Dance Academie (Gazebo)
- 11am-5pm- Artisan Craftsman in the Park
- 11:15am-11:45am- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
- 12pm- “Festzug” (Bavarian March) Front Street-Hwy 2 to 9th Street
- 12:30pm- Welcome Ceremony & Crowning of Maifest Queen (Gazebo)
- 12:45pm-1:30pm- Maipole Dance Performance (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 12:15pm-5pm- Trebuchet Program-Knights of Veritas (near permanent Maibaum)
- 12:30-4pm- Classic Porsches on Display (Front Street)
- 1:30-3:30pm- Musikkapelle (Gazebo)
- 2pm-3pm- Longsword Battle Presentation (Front Street Park)
- 3:30pm-3:45pm- Traditional German Dance Lesson (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 3:45pm-4:30pm- Traditional German Dance Performances (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 4:30pm-6pm- Musikkapelle (Gazebo)
- 6pm-8pm- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
- 8pm- Leavenworth Alphorns (Gazebo)
Sunday May 14th
- 11am-12pm- Max Kyllonen (Gazebo)
- Noon-12:45pm- Traditional German Dance Performances (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 12:45pm-2pm- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
- Noon-2pm- Mother’s Day Seed Packets & Hanging Baskets (Front Street Park)
- 2pm-2:15pm- Maipole Dance Lessons (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 2:15pm-3pm- Traditional Dance Performance (Gazebo/Maipole)
- 3pm-5pm- AlpenFolk (Gazebo)
Our printable program is below!