Nestled in the heart of the Cascades between Seattle and Spokane. Choose to drive, take the train, ride the bus, or fly. Just get here!
For maps you can download – click here.
Traveling to Leavenworth
Leavenworth is easily accessible from the west coast via US Highway 2, and the drive through the Cascades has been voted as one of the most scenic drives in the States. The highway is well maintained with frequent pull-outs and rest stops to soak in the scenery or grab a bite. In the winter, the roads are kept clear, though you will want to check the road reports here before heading out. Here are some links to some useful Google Maps:
- LAT: 47°25’45.00 N
- LONG: 120°39’41.00 W
- ALT: 1160′
- Amtrak Train No. 7: Departs 6:08 AM – Westbound (from Chicago) to Seattle and all intermediate stations
- Amtrak Train No. 8: Departs 4:40 PM – Eastbound (from Seattle) to Chicago and all intermediate stations
For Train status please call (800) 872-7245 – (1.800.USA.RAIL)
For Train Ticket purchases:
- Icicle Station is an un-staffed station and does not have a quik-trak machine at this time. Tickets can be purchased via a number of ways:
- Reservations can be made via phone (1.800.872.7245) or on the web www.amtrak.com
- Icicle Station Shuttle Service provided by Leavenworth Shuttle (877) 868-7720 or (509) 548-7433
Christmas Lighting Train – Alki Tours 1-800-895-2554
Pangborn Memorial Airport in East Wenatchee is located 30 miles from Leavenworth. Horizon Air provides six direct flights per day from Seattle to E. Wenatchee and three direct flights per day from E. Wenatchee to Seattle. Call 1-800-547-9308 for reservations. You can also check out their new webcam for current conditions.
Sea-Tac International Airport is located 130 miles from Leavenworth. As the largest international airport in the Pacific Northwest, Sea-Tac is easily accessed from anywhere in the world.
Trailways daily bus service directly to Leavenworth. 1-800-366-3830
- Alki Tours 1-800-895-2554
- Cheryl’s NW Tours LLC 206-353-3330
- Pacific Alaska Tours 206-937-2010
- NW Adventure Tours 425-445-1514
- Leavenworth Shuttle & Taxi 509-548-7433
Link Transit serves Chelan and Douglas Counties and provides safe, reliable, and cost effective public transportation services that promote citizen access to work, recreation, commerce and public services.
- Route 22 – Wenatchee to Leavenworth
- Route 22 – Leavenworth to Wenatchee
- Link Guest Service Center 509-662-1155