Climbing 1,665 vertical feet over 6.2 miles (10k) of rugged National Forest terrain the Leavenworth Firefighter Challenge will test the physical and mental endurance of the toughest competitors.
In addition to supporting the efforts of local volunteers, the Challenge benefits firefighters everywhere as we have partnered with the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. For over 25 years, the Wildland Firefighter Foundation has assisted the families of firefighters who have paid the ultimate price in the line of duty and supported those with physical and emotional injuries on the long road to recovery.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 9:30am to 11am – Packet Pickup at Ski Hill and PPE Checks
- 11am – Arduous Division starts with Sawyer and Probie Divisions starting soon after.
- 12pm – Food vendors start serving
- 12pm – Band starts performing
- 4pm – Beer and food vendors close, band finishes.
There will be games and activities for kids including:
- Face painting
- A Bouncy House
- Touch and Explore A District #3 Fire Engine
POST CHALLENGE PARTY
After the race, you’re going to want a beer… and some food. A live band, delicious local food, and frosty beers from around the Valley await our racers at the finish line. Relax and hang out with your fellow firefighters. We’ll be handing out awards and raffle prizes. It’ll be cool stuff that you will want, we promise.