No matter the season, Leavenworth Washington is a top destination for couples who are looking for a special romantic getaway. Enjoy locally-crafted and award-winning wines paired perfectly with chocolates, meats and cheeses. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the Bavarian-themed downtown, or in winter, a sleigh ride over the river and through the woods. Turn up the heat with roaring fireplaces and crackling campfires, and soak up the small-town hospitality and charm. Find unique gifts from around the world and bask in the beauty that surrounds this picturesque mountain-town paradise. Following are several of Leavenworth’s most popular romantic activities and ideas to help get you started with planning your one-of-a-kind romantic getaway today.
Popular Romantic Activities…
- Horse- Drawn Carriage or Sleigh Ride – Spring, Summer, or Fall enjoy the sights around the old-world Bavarian-themed downtown. In Winter, add soft-falling snow, fuzzy warm blankets and twinkling Christmas lights around downtown, or just a little outside of town, explore snow-covered meadows and scenic views through the woods.
- Couples Spa Day – There’s nothing quite like a little R & R. Head to Leavenworth with the one you love and make it “R & R & R!” Add Romance to your rest and relaxation mix by booking one of several couples spa packages. Services range from couples massages, to herbal body wraps, to aromatherapy, to soak and sauna time. Let these world-class pampering services cleanse the mind, body, and soul, and rejuvenate those loving feelings.
- Dinner & Theater – Foodies love Leavenworth for its range of flavors from around the world and its farm-to-table food scene. Of course there are the German classics, but it’s more than brats and beer. Find mouth-watering dishes and pair them with a locally-produced wine and you’ve got a meal to remember! After dinner, catch a live performance or movie in the modern and state-of-the-art Snowy Owl Theater, or an outdoor performance of classics such as The Sound of Music and Singing in the Rain produced every summer by the Leavenworth Summer Theater.
- Picturesque Picnic – If you’re looking for a more private setting to enjoy with your special someone, you don’t have to go far from town to find yourself surrounded by vast wilderness, scenic rivers and sandy beaches, and winding trails into the mountains that lead to scenic lookouts.
Protip: Visit in the Spring and you’ll be greeted by vibrant wildflowers that light up the hillsides in all directions. Or, visit in the Fall when the colorful changing leaves adequately compete for all the photogenic glory.
- Sunset Wine Tasting – With well over a dozen places to taste and purchase wines in the downtown-core alone, Leavenworth is a wine-lovers dream. Sample your way around town and choose a favorite bottle, or two, then pair it with some amazing locally-made meats from Cured by Visconti’s and cheeses from around the world at The Cheesemonger Shop. Now, you’ve got the makings for a wonderful evening! Choose a nice quiet spot along the river or up in the hills, and begin to enjoy the evening reds.
The Perfect Place to Stay…
The Leavenworth area offers all-encompassing resorts, riverside lodges, cabins the woods, and everything in between. Many accommodations also offer special lodging packages with perks that help set the stage for romance from the moment you check-in. To find your perfect place to stay in the Bavarian Village, browse our online directory of hotels, motels, resorts, cabins, vacation homes, and lodges where you can filter results based on specific amenities you’d like to enjoy (like a fireplace or Jacuzzi), then contact them directly to reserve your romantic getaway.