FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 4, 2023
Contact: Jessica Stoller, Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce, 509-548-5807, email@example.com
HOLY SCHNITZEL! OKTOBERFEST IN LEAVENWORTH RETURNS OVER THREE WEEKENDS THIS FALL, SEPT. 29-30, OCT. 6-7, AND OCT. 13-14
Enjoy authentic bands from Bavaria, locally crafted and German imported beer, a huge kinderplatz for kids, great food, and more, all set against the beautiful backdrop of the Bavarian village of Leavenworth
(LEAVENWORTH, Wash.) — Mark your calendars, get your Trachten (traditional German garments) dry cleaned, and start rallying your friends. The Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce has announced the return of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth over three festive weekends (Fridays & Saturdays) this fall.
Scheduled for Sept. 29-30, Oct. 6-7, and Oct. 13-14, 2023, Oktoberfest will take place throughout town, with three fully programmed beer venues (beer gardens) located at the Leavenworth Festhalle and Front Street Park. Tickets will go on sale online at the beginning of July, but lodging properties are expected to fill up soon, so festival-goers are encouraged to plan ahead and book now.
Among the many highlights of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, which has become an annual tradition for so many and is one of the country’s most recognizable re-creations of the traditional Münich event, include:
- New bands including
- Happy Hour Oktoberfestband out of Bavaria, winners of the 2022 European Enterprise Award for Best Traditional Themed Entertainment Provider.
- Pech und Schwefel out of Austria, a band that rocks the biggest folk festivals and Oktoberfests in the world including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Austria, and Germany.
- Michael Stoessl, who sings in five languages and whose accomplished musical career includes traditional Bavarian, Slowenian, and Austrian folk music and professional yodeling.
- Showstopper Manuela Horn, the Yodelin Queen, returns for multiple weekends of epic performances.
- Fan favorites Smilin Scandinavians, AlpenFolk, the Bavarian Beer Garden Band, the Ted Lunka Polka Band, the Layle Schaefer Band the Leavenworth Alphorns, and more, playing all the traditional Oktoberfest music you love.
- One of the best cover bands in the Northwest, the Aqua-Nets and new this year the rock band the Hosen Ones (as in Leder-hosen)!
- More vendors, more food, and more beer including the return of our bestselling collaborative Festbier from our three local Leavenworth breweries in addition to their other popular brews. Plus, new German imports round out the robust imported lineup.
- Our 10,000 sq ft Kinderplatz with a 62-foot Ferris wheel, bouncy obstacle course, root beer garden, face painting, games, and more. A separate admission to the Kinderplatz will be available this year to the public who do not wish to attend the beer gardens.
Oktoberfest in Leavenworth is the next best thing to being in Münich, and fall is full of festivals, beautiful foliage, food, harvest, wine, shopping, and so much more. Grab your best Trachten (traditional Bavarian garments) and make plans to visit, Prost!